Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Information
- To contact Investor Services or Investor Relations, click here. For questions for other CenterPoint Energy departments, click here.
- Does CenterPoint Energy pay a dividend?
- Common stock dividends for CenterPoint Energy are generally paid quarterly in March, June, September and December. Dividends are subject to declaration by the Board of Directors, which establishes the amount of each quarterly common stock dividend and fixes record and payment dates. For a history of dividends paid by CenterPoint Energy, click here.
- Does CenterPoint Energy offer direct deposit of dividends?
- Yes, CenterPoint Energy offers direct deposit of dividends. Click here to learn more.
- Does CenterPoint Energy have a Dividend Reinvestment Program (DRIP)?
- Yes. CenterPoint Energy has a Dividend Reinvestment Program called Investor's Choice. For more information about Investor's Choice, click here.
- When does CenterPoint Energy's fiscal year end?
- CenterPoint Energy's fiscal year end is December 31.
- Who are CenterPoint Energy's independent auditors?
- CenterPoint Energy is audited by the independent registered public accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche LLP, Houston, Texas.
- How can I find financial information about the company?
- Financial information about the company is found on a number of pages on this website.
For printed copies of CenterPoint Energy's Annual Report, Form 10-K and Proxy Statement, call 1-888-468-3020 or click Request Publications.
- When was the Company created?
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc. is a public utility holding company, created on August 31, 2002 as part of a corporate restructuring of Reliant Energy, Incorporated (Reliant Energy) that implemented certain requirements of the Texas Electric Choice Plan (Texas electric restructuring law). The company began trading as CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CNP) on October 1, 2002.
More information about the company's history can be found in the About Us section.
- Where is the Company's headquarters?
- CenterPoint Energy's principal executive offices are located in Houston, TX.
Corporate Office, Street Address Mailing Address CenterPoint Energy, Inc. CenterPoint Energy, Inc. 1111 Louisiana PO Box 4567 Houston, TX 77002 Houston, TX 77210-4567
- Where is CenterPoint Energy stock traded and what is the ticker symbol?
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc. common stock is traded under the symbol CNP on the New York and Chicago stock exchanges. The CUSIP number is 15189T107.
- How do I transfer my stock or change my address with the transfer agent?
- Please contact our transfer agent, Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions, Inc. for transfers, address changes, or any other questions regarding their CenterPoint Energy stock. For more information, click here.
- When is the Annual Meeting of Shareholders?
- The 2020 annual meeting of shareholders will be held on Friday, April 24, 2020, at 9 a.m. CDT in the CenterPoint Energy Tower auditorium, 1111 Louisiana Street, Houston, Texas. Shareholders who hold shares of CenterPoint Energy common stock as of February 28, 2020, will receive notice of the meeting and will be eligible to vote.
- How can I get a history of CenterPoint Energy's closing stock price?
- For CenterPoint Energy's historical closing stock price, click here.