Investor's Choice Plan / DRIP Program
CenterPoint Energy, Inc.'s (CNP) Dividend Reinvestment and Stock Purchase Plan (the Investor's Choice Plan)
The Investor's Choice Plan provides easy investment options, including direct stock purchase and sale of shares of CenterPoint Energy common stock; dividend reinvestment (DRIP); statement-based accounting and monthly or quarterly automatic investing by electronic transfer. You can become a registered CenterPoint Energy shareholder by making an initial investment of at least $250 through the Investor's Choice Plan.
Please read the prospectus carefully before you invest and retain the prospectus for future reference. Shares of CenterPoint Energy common stock may only be purchased under the Investor’s Choice Plan by means of a statutory prospectus. The prospectus and related amendments can be found here: Investor’s Choice Plan Prospectus
Key features of the Investor’s Choice Plan include:
- $250 minimum initial cash investment
- Ability to invest additional amounts (optional), with monthly investment minimum of $50 and an annual investment maximum of $120,000
- Dividend reinvestment, with a required minimum of 10% to a maximum of 100% of cash dividends on shares of CNP common stock
- Purchases with dividend reinvestments are made on CNP common stock dividend payment dates
- Sales trading fee not expected to exceed $0.10 per share
- Investment through direct debit of bank accounts available
- Sales of shares of CNP common stock held in the Investor’s Choice Plan
To participate in the Investor’s Choice Plan:
- Please carefully review the Investor’s Choice Plan Prospectus before making any investment decision to purchase shares of CNP common stock through the Plan.
- Enroll online at https://shareholder.broadridge.com/centerpointenergy or contact our Transfer Agent, Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions, Inc., at the numbers below:
713-207-3060 / Monday – Friday, except holidays
800-231-6406 / Toll Free – 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Central time
Disclaimer: The information on this website is a summary of the CenterPoint Energy Investor’s Choice Plan. This information does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state. Investing in shares of CenterPoint Energy, Inc. common stock involves certain risks. Please review the risk factors and terms described in the Investor’s Choice Plan prospectus completely before making an investment decision to purchase shares of CNP common stock under the Plan.